As Bill Gates said some years ago, we do not need any more banks but we need banking. Is banking still boring for you? So you definitely need a Revolut account!
What is Revolut?
Revolut is an app that is revolutionizing the world of personal finance as a digital banking alternative. It offers a Mastercard® or Visa contactless card that allows you to spend all over the world with no fees, exchange currencies at the interbank rate, open multi-currency accounts, get money at any ATM with no commissions, make payments and divide accounts with friends, monitor your expenses and even buy Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ether and much much more.
What can I do with Revolut?
- In less than 60 seconds and from the app, open a checking account with a personal IBAN
- Spend abroad without commissions in more than 130 currencies with a contactless card
- Send national and international transfers in 26 currencies at the real exchange rate
- Maintain and exchange 26 currencies within the app at the real exchange rate.
- Receive instant spending notifications, categorize your expenses, set weekly budgets and lock/unlock your card
- Buying/storing/exchanging cryptocurrencies
- Travel and smartphone insurance
- Split bills with friends and family at the touch of a button
- Saving money easily with Vaults
- Investment plans (coming soon)
- Book airport lounges (coming soon)
- BTW, it’s free!
Who is Revolut?
The London-based fintech startup was founded by Nikolay Storonsky and Vlad Yatsenko in July 2015 with the aim of building a fair and frictionless platform to use and manage money around the world by removing hidden fees and offering interbank currency rates.
In less than 3 years reached an incredible growth, indeed on 26 April 2018, Revolut announced that it had raised a further $250 million in a funding round led by Hong Kong-based DST Global, reaching a total valuation of $1.7 billion and thus becoming a Unicorn.
How can I have a Revolut account?
Can I trust Revolut?
Revolut is an FCA authorised institution and safeguards your funds as per FCA requirements, the Electronic Money Regulations 2011, and the Payment Services Regulations 2017. All card transactions are processed by the Mastercard or Visa network and are protected by Mastercard or Visa rules. So you can definitely trust them!
Do you think banking is still boring?
This amazing app, recently become a European Unicorn, changed my way of doing banking. It made banking easy, enjoyable and incredible. Today I do not need any more banks but I cannot live without Revolut. Don’t you?
Did you like this post? Subscribe to my Newsletter!
I do not spam, I will just send you one email per moths with the best of my posts.